Our farm was once part of a large estate on the Staffordshire/Shropshire border.
It was the Home farm to adjoining Loynton Hall, a Grade II listed Georgian mansion and all of the farm buildings in our ownership are therefore also listed.
It now comprises approximately 100 acres currently all in grass and registered under the Countryside Stewardship scheme. Of interest on the farm is an area of water- meadow which is managed so that it attracts nesting birds such as snipe and curlew. The farm has also been registered in the past as an official release site for barn owls because of the proximity of these meadows.
The livestock and feed storage buildings in the original farm buildings have date stones of 1739 and 1741, but the oldest building on the farm is a completely round horse-powered mill, which was in operation until 1912 and is thought to be the only two storey structure of its kind in the area. The building was carefully restored and converted for residential use in 2001 and is available for long term tenancy.